Hunter Creative Arts Camp
The Hunter Creative Arts Camp is aimed at Year 5 and 6 students with a passion for dance, drama, music and visual arts. The 4-day residential camp give students access to specialist teachers to expand their skills and experiences in the creative and performing arts. Students work with like minded others in a creative and collaborative environment that culminates in a showcase for peers and parents.
This exciting opportunity is available for students in Years 5 and 6 with high potential in the creative domain.
The 2024 theme is will be announced early Term 1. Experiences and opportunities undertaken, as well as the end of camp showcase, will be based around this theme.
- Tuesday 14 May - Friday 17 May (Term 2 Week 3)
- Riverwood Downs, 311 Upper Monkerai Rd Monkerai NSW 2415
How to apply
Applications will open early Term 1.
- To apply you will be required to complete the 2024 Hunter Creative Arts Camp online application form.
- $350 per student
- This includes all meals, accommodation, activities, specialist teachers, supervision of students and a camp T-shirt.
Students will be housed in small group cabins. Each cabin has an ensuite, air conditioning and a small common area in the centre. Staff members are responsible for the supervision of specific cabins and are housed in two staff cabins conveniently located near student cabins. Students are grouped with others from their school wherever possible.
All meals are prepared on site by qualified catering staff in a commercial kitchen. Care is taken to ensure food is tasty, nutritious and plentiful, and caters to any dietary needs identified in student’s applications.
- Students will be coached to Riverwood Downs on Tuesday 14 May. Students will meet at McDonald Jones Stadium carpark (Turton Rd, Broadmeadow) at 8 am.
- Parents will need to collect students from camp at the conclusion of the performance showcase on Friday 17 May approximately 3 pm.
- Students will undertake experiences and opportunities in their chosen art form everyday with specialist staff. Creative and performing arts activities take place throughout the days and activities designed to explore our environment and inspire the camp theme of nature, take place in the afternoons.
- Each evening after dinner students participate in activities to further strengthen student and staff relationships including a disco, trivia and games, and talent quest.
- Parents are invited to attend the performance showcase celebrating students' achievements at camp on the final day from 2 pm.
- Parents will be advised via email of an offer for the camp.
- Details on how to accept or decline an offer will be included in the email.
- Parents accepting their child’s offer will be required to pay the camp deposit by the due date.
- Confirmation of student attendance will be emailed to schools.
- Confirmation of student’s acceptance and further information regarding camp will be emailed to parents.
- As part of the camp fee each student will receive a 2024 camp T-shirt. This will be distributed at the camp and worn at the end of camp showcase.
311 Upper Monkerai Rd
Monkerai NSW 2415