ARTEXPRESS is an annual showcase of exemplary artworks from the previous year's Higher School Certificate that celebrates the remarkably high standards reached by NSW Visual Arts students. Live and virtual exhibitions ensure access to the works for everyone.
ARTEXPRESS is a joint partnership between the New South Wales Department of Education and the New South Wales Education Standards Authority.
For more information visit the ARTEXPRESS website.
2023 exhibition dates
- Art Gallery of NSW – 2 February to 7 May
- Hazelhurst Arts Centre – 11 February to 10 April
- Western Plains Cultural Centre – 18 February to 30 April
- Sydney Olympic Park Armory Gallery – 6 March to 16 April
- Blue Mountains Cultural Centre –27 May 16 July
- Mudgee Arts Precinct – 2 June to 27 August
- Hawkesbury Regional Art Gallery – 16 June to 13 August
- Glasshouse Regional Gallery – 15 July to 17 September
- Bondi Pavilion Gallery – 19 August to 24 September
- 2023 ARTEXPRESS virtual exhibition launching in July
2022 virtual exhibition
This virtual gallery features exemplary bodies of work from the HSC Visual Arts practical examination. 3D imaging enables visitors to explore the curated artworks in incredible detail, including in virtual reality with a VR headset or viewer
The 2022 ARTEXPRESS Virtual exhibition is now available.
Winner – MAPDA 2022
ARTEXPRESS Virtual has been awarded the 2022 winner of Museums Australasia Multimedia Publication and Design Awards (MAPDA) in the Virtual Exhibition category (Level B).
The judges said: 'An extremely impressive achievement, being both a virtual walkthrough and with supporting resources on the website. The walkthrough is simple to navigate (StreetView style), and with excellent 3D modelling of the many objects on display.'
Related digital resources
Related local arts programs
Every artist was first an amateur
Every artist was first an amateur is a week-long art exhibition, held at the Project Contemporary Artspace Wollongong, exhibiting work by Years 10 and 11 creative arts students from public schools across the Illawarra.
Nepean Festival of Arts and Design
Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School in partnership with Penrith City Council and the Zonta Club of Nepean Valley invite submissions for the Nepean Festival of Art and Design.