Nagoya Art Exchange
The Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange provides a wonderful opportunity to participate in international friendship and cultural exchange activities.
Participation in the Exchange is open to NSW public schools representing student artworks from Kindergarten to Year 12 students.
Schools are invited to nominate a maximum of 4 outstanding student artworks from their school that would be suitable for consideration for the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange.
The Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange exhibits selected artworks from NSW public schools in Nagoya, Japan, along with works by students from Nagoya, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Reims, Turin, Tashkent and Nanjing.
Please note that students' works selected for the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange will not be returned. Schools will instead receive an exchange of artwork from the exhibition in Nagoya and a certificate celebrating the selection of their artwork. Each selected artwork will feature in an online exhibition.
Nominations for the 2023 Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange program have now closed.
Schools may nominate up to 4 student artworks for selection into the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange.
Please complete the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange nomination form by Friday 18 August 2023 (Term 3 Week 5).
Selected artworks will be displayed at the Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange in Japan from 21 November to 3 December 2023.
Applications to nominate for the 2024 Nagoya Sister City Art Exchange will open in Term 2 Week 1 2024. We look forward to showcasing artworks from public school students across NSW in this fantastic exchange.
All works submitted for nomination in the Nagoya Art Exchange are required to meet the following requirements:
- Artworks must be no larger than (540 mm x 390 mm) and no thicker than 5 mm with no frame. Works that are outside these dimensions cannot be accepted for exhibitions.
- Do not nominate framed or mounted artworks or artworks on a stretched canvas or canvas panel.
- Artworks with earthy matter, e.g. sand, feathers etc., will not be selected due to export regulations.
- Artworks may be horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait).
- Student artists must be enrolled at a public school in New South Wales in any class from Kindergarten to Year 12 in the year of entry, and the artwork must solely be the work of the student.
- The nomination forms need to be accompanied by a colour photo (digital) of the nominated artwork. Photos of all the pieces of a Body of Work only need to be sent. Do not send the actual artwork.
- A selection panel will view the photos of the nominated artworks for inclusion in the exhibition. The decisions of the selection panel are final.
- Schools will be informed of the successful nominations by Friday 25 August 2023 (Term 3 Week 6).
- Successfully nominated artwork will be required to be posted to The Arts Unit by Friday 8 September 2023 (Term 3 Week 8).