Kids Rapt on Performing
Kids Rapt on Performing (KROP) is an annual Education Week creative arts production held at the Griffith Regional Theatre as a celebration of public education. It has provided NSW public school students with performing arts opportunities for over 13 years.
Riverina public school students have the opportunity to perform in a prestigious and professional setting.
KROP will be staged on Thursday 3 and Friday 4 August 2023 (Term 3 Week 3) at the Griffith Regional Theatre.
- Full dress rehearsal - Thursday 3 August 2023.
- Matinee - Friday 4 August 2023.
- Evening performances - Thursday 3 and Friday 4 August 2023.
KROP rehearsals will be Thursday 20 July and Friday 21 July 2023 (Term 3 Week 1) in the Griffith Regional Theatre.
- NSW public schools are invited to apply for KROP via the KROP 2023 School nomination form
- Nominations are due by 5:00 pm Friday 24 March 2023 (Term 1 Week 9).
- All KROP items are selected by audition. Auditions will be scheduled for Term 2 Week 5.
- Schools may enter more than one audition item however, only one performance will be selected per school.
- There is no cost to schools to participate in KROP. Schools are responsible for staff relief and travel to the event.
- Group size must be between 6 and 30 students.
- Maximum time limit is 5 minutes.
- Music, lyrics, costume and choreography must be age-appropriate and suitable for a community audience.
- Audition routines should be as close to performance standard as possible.
- Choreography must be complete, and groups must provide a description of costumes and staging.
- On selection, schools will be sent an acceptance and information package.
Tips for audition videos
- Recording from a phone or tablet mounted on a tripod if it is sufficient quality for the audition video.
- Record the performance in one continuous take from a wide angle to ensure all performers are seen. Do not zoom in and out.
- Spend time rehearsing, recording and reviewing your audition video.
- Where possible, minimise external light sources by covering windows to avoid interference with visual contrast.
- Stage dimensions of Griffith Regional Theatre stage are 12 metres across (wing to wing) and 9 metres deep (front to back).
- For all performances, students will enter stage left and MUST exit stage right. (Left and right are as seen by the performer, facing the audience). The curtain will not be closed between items.
Griffith Regional Theatre
1 Neville Place
Griffith NSW 2680