Dance ensembles - weekly
The NSW public schools weekly-based dance ensembles program aims to foster the development of talented students from Years 4 to 12 in dance from public schools across NSW. Students train and rehearse dance works after school hours during school term at Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) in Sydney Olympic Park.
Weekly dance ensembles develop high-level skills in dance technique, composition and performance. Training is aligned to syllabus outcomes and ensemble students perform at the State Dance Festival each year.
Applications are now open!
Applications closing Monday 27 November 2023.
- Primary ensembles (Years 4 to 6) – weekly based
- Junior ensembles (Years 7 to 9) – weekly based
- Senior ensembles (Years 10 to 12) – weekly based
Students train and rehearse dance works after school hours during school term at Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) in Sydney Olympic Park.
The dance team are all so excited to be able to offer our new 2024 dance program and cannot wait to deliver exciting dance classes at ACPE.
- Primary Dance Ensembles Years 4 to 6 rehearse Monday 5:00 – 7:00 pm
First rehearsal date Monday 19 February 2024
- Senior Dance Ensembles Years 10 to 12 rehearse Tuesday 4:30 – 7:00 pm
First rehearsal date Tuesday 20 February 2024
- Junior Dance Ensembles Years 7 to 9 rehearse Wednesday 5:00 – 7:00 pm
First rehearsal date Wednesday 21 February 2024
- Regional Festivals – June 2023
- State Dance Festival – September 2023
- Schools Spectacular – November 2023
- Additional opportunities throughout the year as they arise